In the summer of 2015 my work was included in an exhibition at the Johnson Museum of Art as part of Locally Sourced. Locally Sourced featured artists based in the Ithaca region who had exhibited outside of Ithaca, but had not exhibited at the Johnson.
I was thrilled to be able to exhibit part of my recent body of experimental studio work. Underlying my work is the idea that much of what we think of as permanent is in a constant state of flux. My drawings, reliefs and small sculptures explore elements that are in a state of breaking, tearing, cracking and shifting.
For more than twenty-five years I have been creating and exhibiting large-scale, site-specific installations. In the process of making these large works I have had to discard certain ideas in favor of others. In 2011 I set out to create a series of at least 100 small pieces in order to explore multiple ideas at the same time. The works exhibited in Locally Sourced are part of this ongoing series and range in date from 2008-2015.
- May 9, 2019 Trace-in-Bloom May 9, 2019
- Apr 20, 2019 Trace Replanted Apr 20, 2019
- Jun 5, 2018 TRANSLUCENT HOME/REBUILDING THE FOUNDATION Jun 5, 2018
- May 5, 2018 UTICA TRACINGS May 5, 2018
- Apr 8, 2018 UTICA TRACINGS RECEPTION May 3, 2018 Apr 8, 2018
- Sep 19, 2017 Utica Tracings Update Sep 19, 2017
- Apr 12, 2017 Utica Tracings Apr 12, 2017
- Aug 14, 2016 Queens CorrespondAnce School Aug 14, 2016
- Apr 10, 2016 RECENT ACTIVITIES Apr 10, 2016
- Feb 12, 2016 IDEALIST FOR HILLARY Feb 12, 2016
- January 2016